1.First impressions count – videos can make a great first impression for your company. Axonn Media revealed from research that seven in 10 people view brands more positively after watching video content about them.
2. Click Through Rate – you can increase Click Through Rate by 30% by embedding video on your homepage according to Hub TV.
3. Suited to mobile – for mobile and smart devices time spent browsing on websites has been proven to be shorter, so video can be quicker to absorb than text.
4. Visitors stay on your website – visitors will stay longer on your website according to invodo. Research shows that more than three out of five consumers will invest two minutes in a video that explains a product they are thinking of purchasing whilst 37% will watch for over three minutes.
5. Videos can boost SEO – video is a way to target keywords in search engines. According to one piece of research by Forrester, for Google an indexed video may have up to 50 times more chance of ranking on the first page than a textual page in the index. Also videos can help increase the time a user spends on your website which will impact your ranking.
6. Easiest way to engagement – it’s a passive engagement that people are used to. You are not making them do anything more strenuous than watch a screen. It’s a comfort zone. Potential customers may not want to read much and why should they?
7. Return on Investment – according to eMarketer more than 50% of marketing professionals say that "video content has the best [ROI],Return on Investment".
8. Potential to share – videos can be easy to share on social media. There’s potential to go viral. For the braver marketers and companies out there you can be really creative with a promotional video. There are rules to making videos go viral – they have to tell a good story, surprise or create an emotional reaction – positive is better!
9. Increase your chances to get ranked high – transcripts for your videos will help search engines to index it. Surround the video with copy that can be indexed.
10. It’s fun! - Videos are entertaining to watch. It can be great fun to make a video too and is very rewarding when the results translate to an excellent piece of film which has the power to show people your brand in a more exciting way than written text and static images.